Sunday, October 12, 2008

oktoberfest invocation

Last October 10, our company, held the annual Oktoberfest Cebu celebration. I was tasked to do the invocation. To really have a good grasp of what an invocation is, I searched the internet. What I came across that caught my attention was the controversy generated by the invocation given by Fr. Stephen Cuyos in the Philippine Bloggers Awards night. With this in mind, and knowing the diversity of people invited to the occasion, and the knowledge that at least one atheist may be attending the event, I was carefull not to create another controversy, without shying away from what I intended to convey; giving thanks and doing good. Here’s my short invocation:

Good evening. Please, let us bow our heards, close our eyes, listen to our hearts beating, think about the blessings we have received, and say : thank you. There is so much to be thankful for; this occasion, the food among others, but most of all, we give thanks for the people who have touched our lives – family, friends, benefactors, people who we work for and people who work for us.
Again, feel your heart beat, and say to yourself : I will be a source of goodness, happiness and love for the people I have been thankful for, and for others who may come my way – Amen!

No comments: