Friday, August 3, 2012

Today, August 4 , is Lani's birthday.  This is the fifth year of her leaving home to pursue her dreams.

Deep in my heart, I wish she would be celebrating this day at home.  How I wish she could come home for good and live with us again.  But I could only wish. I guess it is the father in me that is up front again.  I just miss her I guess, even if she was home less than a month ago for my birthday.

She is a grown-up person, and has a life to live, dreams to pursue, and happiness to search for.  Whatever makes her happy, should make me happy.  That's what my head tells me.  But my heart just feels differently, however, the heart should heed the head.

So Happy Birthday Lan.  Sorry, we cant be with you today.  But you can still be.  You have a plane ticket,  use it, if you want to, if circumstances allow you too.  But, whatever, have a meaningful birthday today!  Just remember, you always have us to come home to.



 

No comments: